These desirable lots are located in Stark County, North Dakota ranging in size from 2+/- Acres to 8+/- Acres.
1. AGENCY: Auctioneer is acting exclusively as an agent for Seller and not as an agent for any Bidder or Buyer. No third-party broker is acting as a sub-agent of Auctioneer.
2. COLLUSION: Bid-rigging is a federal felony punishable by imprisonment and fine. Auctioneer will report all illegal conduct to the F.B.I. and cooperate with any prosecution.
3. COPYRIGHT: The Auction is the exclusive intellectual property of Auctioneer, covered by copyright protection, and may not be recorded, reproduced, or used in any form by anyone other than Auctioneer.
4. PROPERTY: The Property is described in the “Real Property Sale Contract” (“Sale Contract”), a copy of which is available from Auctioneer, online at www.jpking.com, and posted at the Auction.
5. DUE DILIGENCE: Seller and Auctioneer do not attempt to provide Bidder with all of the information the Bidder may need to make an informed decision about the Auction and Property. Bidder should obtain professional advice, inspect, and conduct due diligence on the Property, any occupancy of it, title commitment (available from Auctioneer and posted at the Auction), surrounding area, all information provided by Seller or Auctioneer, “Property Information Package” (available from Auctioneer, online at www.jpking.com, and posted at the Auction), public records, Terms of Auction, Sale Contract, transaction contemplated, and all circumstances, defects, facts, issues, problems, and other relevant matters (collectively “Property Issues”). All information provided by Auctioneer came from Seller and is believed to be accurate, but neither Seller nor Auctioneer guarantees, represents, or warrants its accuracy or completeness and Bidder should not rely upon it without independent inspection and verification from sources Bidder knows to be reliable. Bidder has either performed all inspections and other due diligence that it deems necessary in advance of bidding in the Auction, or Bidder understands and fully accepts the risk of not having done so. Seller and Auctioneer are not required to update any information provided or published and will have no liability whatsoever for failing to do so.
6. DISCLAIMER: Participation in the Auction is at Bidder’s sole risk and Seller and Auctioneer, plus their agents, contractors, directors, employees, members, officers, and representatives will have no liability whatsoever. The Property will be offered “AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS.” To the fullest extent allowed by law, Seller and Auctioneer unconditionally disclaim any guarantee, representation, or warranty of every kind, whether expressed, implied, or statutory, whether oral or written, whether past, present, or future, with respect to all Property Issues, except as expressly provided in the Terms of Auction and the Sale Contract.
7. DISCLOSURES: Unless otherwise disclosed, the Property will be offered for sale and conveyed by deed free and clear of all liens, mortgages, deeds of trust, delinquent taxes, assessments and warrants, but subject to all non-monetary encumbrances such as conditions, covenants, deeds, easements, reservations, restrictions, right-of-ways, title exceptions, zoning regulations and matters of record. Maps, depictions, and sketches in any materials related to the Property are for illustration purposes only and Seller and Auctioneer do not guarantee, represent, or warrant their accuracy or completeness.
8. REGISTRATION: Any competent adult with a satisfactory photo identification who properly registers and complies with the Terms of Auction may bid. Auctioneer may refuse to register or expel any person who is disruptive, noncompliant, or previously caused a problem for Seller or Auctioneer. Any person intending to bid on behalf of another must present Auctioneer with an executed, enforceable, recorded, and unexpired power of attorney which is subject to Auctioneer’s approval. By registering, Bidder acknowledges receipt of the Terms of Auction and access to the Sale Contract and unconditionally and irrevocably agrees to be bound by both.
9. BUYER’S PREMIUM: A ten-percent (10.00%) buyer’s premium will be in effect for the Auction and added to the amount of the highest bid to arrive at the selling price for the Property (“Total Contract Price”).
10. The Property is scheduled for an ABSOLUTE AUCTION, whereas EIGHT (8) lots of the Norwegian Creek Development will be sold at ABSOLUTE auction. The Seller may offer additional Lots that will be subject to Owner Confirmation, whereas the Seller has the right to accept or reject the final offer made. Auctioneer’s discretion includes, but is not limited to, the auction method, bid-calling, bid increments, and determining the buyer. The Bidding will begin at the Auctioneer’s commencement of the Auction for the Property, by gavel. The decision of Auctioneer is final regarding all matters that arise before, during, and after the Auction. Bidder will not retract any bid. A purchase will be considered a single transaction whether of the whole or a fraction of the Property. The sale of any fraction of the Property will not be contingent upon the sale of any other portion thereof, whether or not purchased by the same Buyer.
11. SALE CONTRACT: Bidder should carefully read and understand the Sale Contract before bidding in the Auction. The Property will be offered subject to the terms of the Sale Contract which is not negotiable. This is a cash sale and not contingent upon any matter, including Buyer obtaining financing. Buyer will immediately execute the Sale Contract and all related documents presented by Auctioneer to bind Bidder and Seller to a sale of the Property. Any Buyer purchasing on behalf of a business or arm of government (“Artificial Person”) will immediately execute the Sale Contract in both the Artificial Person’s and buyer’s names, until such time as the Artificial Person presents Auctioneer with acceptable, written evidence of the Artificial Person’s good standing in its state of formation, plus written authority, in a form acceptable to Auctioneer, agreeing to be bound by the Sale Contract. Buyer will execute the Sale Contract and no addition, deletion, or revision will be permitted. The Sale Contract will exclusively govern the Parties’ rights, responsibilities, and remedies with respect to any sale of the Property and all related matters. The sale must close within 30 days following the Auction.
12. DEPOSIT: Buyer will immediately pay to the escrow/closing agent, in U. S. Dollars, an earnest money deposit of no less than ten percent (10.00%) of the Total Contract Price of the Property (“Earnest Money Deposit. The deposit is to be paid by Buyer in the form of a personal or company check. If buyer elects to utilize Seller financing, terms are 30% down, 10 year amortization, monthly payments with a 2 year balloon, at 6.99% interest rate. Seller financing is subject to an acceptable credit check by the seller. If for any reason Buyer fails to timely execute the Sale Contract or pay the Earnest Money Deposit, Seller has sole discretion, to: (a) pursue all legal and equitable remedies available against Buyer, or (b) declare Buyer’s bid to be immediately forfeited, null, and void, without any requirement of notice, and immediately re-sell the Property to another buyer.
13. RELEASE: Bidders, Buyers, and other persons present at the Auction (collectively “Attendees”) are advised that Auctioneer and its agents, contractors, employees, and/or representatives may record the Auction, related matters, and Attendees through audiotape, photography, motion pictures, and/or videotape for advertising, marketing, promotion, publicity, record, and/or trade purposes, and in consideration of being allowed to attend the Auction, Attendees unconditionally and irrevocably agree that their images and voices may be so recorded and used by Auctioneer in all types of media without territorial, time, or use limitation, and without compensation being owed or paid to Attendees by Auctioneer or Seller.
14. ARBITRATION: Any action, claim, controversy, counterclaim, dispute, or proceeding arising out of the Property Issues and involving Seller, Bidder, Buyer, or Auctioneer, in any combination, whether controlled by federal or state law, and whether an issue of law or equity, including the determination of the scope and applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be determined and resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration, with no appeal permitted, except as provided by applicable law for the judicial review or enforcement of arbitration decisions. The arbitration will be administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc.,
or its successor and decided by a panel of three (3) independent arbitrators, except that a Party may elect to reduce the number of arbitrators from three (3) to one (1), unless that election is opposed by another Party in a written objection timely filed with JAMS. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The Parties waive the right to any legal action and trial by jury. The costs of arbitration, including the fees and expenses of the arbitrators, but not including the Parties’ attorneys’ fees, will initially be paid equally by them. The prevailing Party will be entitled to collect from the other its full costs associated with the arbitration, including reasonable attorneys’ fees. All aspects of any arbitration will be permanently kept confidential and not disclosed in any form or manner to any entity, media, or person, and the Parties will jointly move the court entering judgment on the arbitration award to so order. Any arbitration must be commenced within two (2) years from the date when the cause of arbitration accrues, or it will be forever barred. The right of arbitration will accrue, and the two (2) year limitation period will begin to run, on the date the breach, damage, or injury is sustained and not when the resulting damage or harm is discovered. To the fullest extent allowed by law, neither Seller nor Auctioneer will be liable for any consequential, exemplary, incidental, indirect, punitive, or special loss or damage (including, but not limited to, damage to property or loss of use, time, income, or profits) that might arise out of the Auction, offering or sale of the Property, or any related matter.
15. CHOICE OF LAW, JURISDICTION, AND VENUE: Any Auction matter will be exclusively construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Dakota, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any controversy or claim between the Parties will be the County of Stark in the State of North Dakota.
16. MISCELLANEOUS: The Terms of Auction will bind Bidders and their agents, assigns, attorneys, beneficiaries, brokers, directors, distributees, employees, executors, heirs, legatees, officers, representatives, shareholders, and successors in interest. No deletion, modification, supplement, or waiver of any provision of the Terms of Auction will be made, except by Auctioneer’s written revision or announcement at the Auction.